REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN THE AMERICAN LEGION
IMPORTANT: EVERYONE MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF
DD 214 OR DISCHARGE.
Eligible veterans applying for first time membership must submit the following information to Post Membership Committee:
1. Complete American Legion Membership application by clicking on "APPLICATION" button.
Print two (2) completed copies. Keep one copy for your records. Mail the other copy to above address, together with your dues payment. (Dues amount on application). (Applications are also available at the Post.)
2. COPY OF DD214 OR DISCHARGE.
3. Membership Dues Payment (Amount Shown on Application). Make checks payable to our Post listed above. DO NOT SEND CASH.
4. If the information is correct, membership will be approved and then a membership card will be mailed to you.
5. Please see eligibility dates below.
Veterans applying for transfers from your current Post to our Post must submit the following:
a. Completed Member Data Form.
b. COPY OF DD214 OR DISCHARGE
c. COPY OF MEMBERSHIP CARD
6. Membership dues payment, if current year dues are not paid. If current dues are paid, please pay dues for next year's membership.
NOTE: The LEGION Act of 2019, as signed by President Trump, expands eligibility for membership in The American Legion to include veterans and servicemembers who served at any time after December 7, 1941, including those currently serving.
Must have served at least one day of active military duty and been honorably discharged or are still serving honorably.
For any questions please contact our membership chairman, or stop by the Post.
Click on the "Application" menu button for an online application form.